CAT Exam Pattern
Along with the Syllabus getting Idea about the Exam Pattern will also helpful in Preparation of the CAT Exam. By knowing the Exam Pattern you will know how many questions will be asked from each Topic. So that you can Manage your time to prepare for various Subjects. For the Sake of the Aspirants, here in our website, we have also provided the CAT Exam Pattern along with the Syllabus for all Posts. Check the Common Admission Test Pattern and be Prepared for the Exam.
CAT Exam Structure
|S.No||Subject||No of Questions||No of Marks||Duration (Minutes)|
|2.||Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||96||60|
|3.||Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34||102||60|
- CAT is a Computer Based Test (CBT).
- The CAT Exam Consists of 100 Objective Type Multiple choice questions from various Subjects.
- The Total Duration of the CAT 2017 exam is 180 minutes.
- There will be 3 marks for every correct answer and 1 Mark is deducted for every wrong Answer.
- IBPS Specialist Officer Exam consists of four Sections.
- Each Section has questions from various subjects.
- Candidates will be allotted exactly 60 minutes for answering questions in each section.
Download CAT Syllabus
CAT Syllabus plays a very important role in Preparation of Common Admission Test. As there is a lot of Competition to the CAT Exam Perfect Preparation and Time Management is very necessary. By knowing the Topics covered in the Exam you can Manage your Time well by preparing the timetable for each topic. Along with the CAT Exam Syllabus, we are also providing the CAT Exam Pattern which will be helpful in your preparation. Topics covered in CAT 2017 Exam are as follows
- Quantitative Ability or Mathematics.
- Data Interpretation.
- Verbal Ability & English.
- Logical Reasoning.
CAT Exam Syllabus – Quantitative Ability or Maths
- Number systems.
- Permutation combination.
- Time and work.
- LCM & HCF.
- Profit and loss.
- Quadratic and linear equations, etc.
Common Admission Test Syllabus – Data Interpretation
- Interpretation and analysis of data based on
- Text, tables,
- Graphs (line, area),
- Charts (column, bar, pie),
- Venn diagram, etc.
CAT Syllabus – Logical Reasoning
- Direction sense.
- Clocks & Calendars.
- Binary logic.
- Seating arrangement.
- Coding & Decoding.
- Blood relations.
- Logical sequence.
- Data structure.
- linear and matrix arrangement, etc.
CAT Syllabus – Verbal Ability & English
- Reading comprehension.
- Verbal reasoning.
- Antonyms and synonyms.
- Fill in the blanks.
- Sentence correction.
- Idioms, etc.
CAT Previous year Question Papers/Model Papers
Practicing the Model Papers of CAT Exam is very important. Because though you have prepared really well if you are unable to manage the time you may not attempt all the Questions in the Exam. So in these types of Competitive Exams, Time Management is very necessary. Hence Practicing Previous Papers makes you perform well in the Exam which clears your way for getting Job in banks. So Practice as many Old Papers as you can before attending the CAT Exam. You can Download the CAT Previous Papers from the below link absolutely at free of Cost.