INTRODUCTION TO CDS EXAM – 2016 (COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICES)
The Union Public service Commission conducts “Combined Defence Services” examination twice a year in the months of February and October for induction at the Officers Training Academy (Chennai), Indian Military Academy (Dehradun), Indian Air force Academy (Hyderabad) and Indian Naval Academy (Goa). So the cadet first step is to start his/her preparation for CDS in Chandigarh as soon as possible. Unmarried graduates are eligible to apply for the exam expects OTA. After cracking the written test for CDSE Exam, interview rounds are taken by SSB (Service Selection Board) for CDS selections & as per the ranking in the merit list, candidates are ready for admittance at the respective academies for top training institutes for CDS in India.
CDS EXAM ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- For IMA: 19 years to 24 years.
- For Naval Academy: 19 years to 22 years.
- For Air Force Academy: 19 years to 23 years.
- For Officers Training Academy: 19 years to 25 years
- Those candidates are applying for IMA / officers training academy they must have any degree from any recognized university/ institute.
- Applicants who are applying for Indian Naval Academy (INA) should possess a bachelor’s degree in Engineering from any recognized university.
- And Contenders who are applying for Air Force Academy (ACA) those candidates must have a degree in engineering from any recognized university/ institute with physics and math’s at 10+2.
ONCOMING CDS EXAM FACTS :
- OTA/CDS (I) EXAM – 2016
- NOTIFICATION DATE – November, 2015
- APPLICATION SUBMISSION – LAST DATE- December 2015 or January 2016
- DATE OF EXAMINATION – February, 2016
WHEN TO JOIN:
Since GetSuccessPoint runs year round batches for CDS examinations, students should take coaching as soon as they are able to spare time from their daily routines. It is advised to take coaching few months before the exam to ensure enough time is left for practice, revision and self study. Seats are limited and available on first come first served basis.
WHAT TO BRING?
For Class: Students are not required to bring any books. All study material is issued to the students upon admission. Students must bring personal registers or note books and stationary like pens, pencils etc. to take notes during class.
For PG: Lockers are provided for valuables. Beds and mattresses are provided, but students should bring their own bedding i.e. bed sheets (2 Nos.) and Pillow (with pillow covers). For winter months students should bring thick blankets and razai.
Personal items: Students are expected to dress smartly for class, please bring personal clothing accordingly. Students should carry all personal toiletries. Sports shoes are a must. Please avoid bringing expensive personal items or cash. Even though lockers are provided, students are responsible for their own personal belongings.
PG FACILITY: PG Facilities is available for candidates. Kindly send us an email with the proposed dates seeking admission for PG or call us to confirm availability for PG.